URGENTLY SEEKING / URGENT POSITION
We are currently looking for an experienced Center Director/ Program Supervisor to join our team at our center – 12 street SE – Calgary.
·To perform duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission statement and core values of LWLC
· To provide high quality child care in a group setting that meets the diverse needs and promotes optimum physical, social, emotional, cognitive and intellectual development of the children in care.
· To assume a supervisory and leadership role to the group that the Center Director is responsible for.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING :
-Coordinates administrative functions of the program; facilitates communication; messaging to families and staff; social media; newsletters; website; manages communication and assessment software.
– Ensures positive communication with families through regular verbal and written contact regarding program, children’s progress, opportunities for involvement, special concerns and family needs.
– Coordinates communication with prospective clients; interviews prospective clients and completes intake and orientation procedures; monitors wait list.
– Manage program collection of child care fees.
– Communicates with staff team to coordinate orientation and transition of new children and families to program.
– Prepares and produces written documents to meet program information and communication needs; administers group documentation; keeps Managing Director and Board of Directors – informed of pertinent information; answers and returns phone calls; provides mail services / Email.
– Ensures staff remain current and knowledgeable; makes recommendations for in-service training; advises manager of professional development needs of staff; maintains own knowledge through professional development.
– Respects confidentiality and relates to parents, children and other staff members in a professional and ethical manner.
– Other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director / Management.
Early Childhood Education diploma or degree from a recognized college or University
– Child Development Supervisor (level 3)
– Valid first aid certificate
– Current criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check.
– A minimum of five years’ experience in an Early Learning and Care Program
– Strong organizational and administrative skills
– Good interpersonal skills
– Proven ability to work closely with other team members
– Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
– Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job
– An additional language would be an asset
- Worked as Program Supervisor in Child Care: 1+ year
Closing: January 8, 2018
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@littleworldsleraningcenter.com