Little Worlds Learning Center
We believe that the first 6 years of a child are the most influential and important times to build strong bases for a proper development in the whole child. Our Philosophy is that children learn through a prepared environment and through the play time. We believe children have the rights and should be given opportunities to develop their potential; we see the child as powerful, creative, beautiful, competent, curious and full of potential, with ambitious desires to learn, so our team provide care routines, plenty of developmental experiences and opportunities for children to decide what materials to work with and to be themselves and have fun whit their friends and teacher during the daily activities,in a loving, care, safe and positive bilingual environment.
We provide a loving, safe, supportive,positive and developmentally bilingual environment for infants and preschoolers, where children can learn and grow in the intellectual, emotional, moral, social and physical skill areas.
Our program provides opportunities for development and well-being of each child, to build and maintain relationships and become an active and responsible citizen in our society.
We are an innovative educational center designed to promote an early integration of all the instructional areas in the life of a child using a carefully bilingual structured program.
We provide full time care for infants, toddler, and pre-schoolers as well as early stimulation for infants, before and after school care for kindergarten and school-age children. We are a bilingual center with lessons during all day in English and Spanish.
Our team includes teacher with Spanish as their first language in each classroom. We recognize how important is in now days to know more than one language to be successful in a globalized world. English and Spanish are two of the most spoken language on the world.
In regards to Calgary Board Education the following are some of the benefits of learning a second language.
- Expands intellect
- Teaches responsible citizenship
- Develops enhanced feelings to self-esteem and pride acquired on additional language
- Encourages the joy of lifelong learning
- Promotes exploration, understanding and appreciations of the culture of the Spanish speaking world and contributes to multilingualism and multiculturalism.
- Allows students to build the basics to continue growing with a second language to compete internationally.
- Broadens students cultural life through access to literature, art, music and theater in another language.
Our Program includes
- An integration of learning and childcare in a structured, positive environment.
- Each classroom has a native Spanish certificate teacher.
- Early stimulation program for infants.
- Art, music, Drama, play, language, storytelling and lots of creative activities.
- Latin dance and movement.
- Symbolic play.
- A gym to help develop and improve the gross motor skills and a perfect indoor space for the cool days.